Monday 21 October 2013

Expectations in a relationship.

Oh, how I love my friday nights! :3 I get to meet up with my cell group, haha. It's pretty much the only thing I look forward to all week (other than Saturday!) which I guess is good, in some ways. Gives me something to look forward to, at least. Ohoho, my friday nights would be even more precious once uni starts next week. T_T

Anyway. It was bowling + McD night last Friday night and we ended up talking about lotsa stuff, including interracial relationships and expectations in a relationship. My friend went about telling the rest of us how after being in a relationship for 5 years, she doesn't expect much from her guy anymore because marriage is going to be like that anyway. Hmm, that kinda got me thinking a little bit!




I started questioning myself; whether I expected too much from the other person or not. I think it's only normal that most people place a certain level of expectation on their partners (or what not) but sometimes, expecting too much would eventually just leave us disappointed. I know I have been disappointed countless times before, lol (I'm not talking just in terms of romantic relationships *hahaha* but relationships in general--with your best friend, a close family member, etc). But then again, what am I expecting from the other person, exactly? I think we shouldn't expect too much from the other party, especially if in the first place, he/she is not even your partner (know what I mean bruh?). That way, we won't eventually find ourselves feeling bitter about the other person just because he/she didn't treat you like how you'd expected them to.

If you can't help but feel disappointed...well just tell yourself that it ain't your loss!  :)

1 comment: