Tuesday 22 September 2015

When God speaks.

Earlier this year, I attended my first ever OCF Easter camp in Melbourne and I've to say, it exceeded my expectations. F and B asked if I could play the bass for them if I was going for Easter camp and I thought, well..I guess I could help out. So yeahhh, I honestly did not step foot onto the camp site expecting much, but man, God was just so gracious to me. He gave me opportunities to serve even without me asking, readied an awesome group of people with whom I spent most of those 5 days with, provided such good camp food (or rather, good OCF chefs!) although again, I wasn't expecting much because c'mon, which camp actually serves good food, right? ...wrong. From lasagna, to chicken rice, to roasted chicken, to cheese toasties...I couldn't have asked for better camp food LULZ. But most importantly..God spoke to me and revealed Himself to me even though I was not earnestly seeking Him at that time, and I did not ask Him for anything. But He came, when I was least expecting it. He showed up, tugged my spirit gently, and He let me know that He, indeed, was real.

These events happened 5 months ago, but I just wanted to share my story with everyone. And this is also a gentle reminder to myself, of God's goodness and graciousness to me. P/S I will be copying and pasting my testimony from Facebook! So here goes...

During ministry night, I went up for prayer, and I didn't feel that God put anything into my heart in particular to be prayed for, but I just went anyway. I just knew that I felt very spiritually dry.
Then EH started praying for me and she kept saying that I should trust in God and be more confident in whatever I do. After that JT also prayed for me, I said I didn't know what to pray for so I asked him to pray for anything. He also prayed the same thing as EH which I thought was okay la, a bit cool.
On the very last day, I received a long note from my mortal and at the end he said "you are so loved by our Heavenly Father! A father who protects His beautiful daughter like a roaring lion, never doubt yourself for if the Lord is with you, who can be against you?" It never occurred to me that it all interlinked. Until right before I stepped out of the barn house (where we had all our sessions), I picked up a piece of 'rubbish' to throw away, but it actually turned out to be a verse from Jeremiah 17:7-8 which said "But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when the heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a fear of drought and never fails to bear fruit" (Sorry in advance, to whoever that sticky note belonged to, I kinda just took it home with me haha).
And I knew it wasn't all just a coincidence. I always felt inadequate to do things, even tasks for God. And I think that is a bit self centered of me. To decide not to take up on certain tasks just cause I don't think I can do it (by relying on my own strength). And I think my feeling of inadequacy is stopping me from carrying out God's purpose in my life, so I just wanna encourage everyone that, I believe, God can and will use us no matter how little we think we have to offer, but if God is with us, nothing else can stand against us.

I hope my story has managed to encourage at least some of you out there, especially those who feel incompetent in one way or another. I'm not saying I overcame the feeling of incompetence, but I definitely learned to put my confidence in Christ and not in myself. Because God is made strong in our weaknesses. :)


The piece of 'rubbish' that i found. :P [EDIT: After 5 months, I found out (literally just 5 minutes ago) that Steffi was the one who wrote this verse...HAHAHAHHAHAAH too funny, but 'twas really a blessing in disguise! God is so funny. Heh.]

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 
-2 Corinthians 12:9 -

1 comment: