Monday 7 September 2015

Procrastination 101: How NOT to be the 'pro' in procrastination.

I...have the shortest attention span ever. Okay, maybe not the shortest. But yes, I have a really short attention span. And I get super, duper, easily distracted by everything. And when I say everything, I mean everything. But! Fret not, for I have come up with ways that have helped me focus on what I'm doing and be more efficient in producing work.

1) Don't do your work in a place where you know you'll be easily distracted (i.e at home).

2) If you're like me and can't do 5 minutes of work without being distracted when you're not in the presence of others, then girl (or boy, if you're a boy lol), you need to go to the library or something right now! That really, really helps me concentrate a lot more when I'm doing work.

3) You could put your cellphone 1 mile away from you if you want, cause like they all say, out of sight, out of mind. But yeah, that just doesn't really do it for me as I'd get anxious and all without my phone LOL. But, what I'd do is put my phone either on airplane or do not disturb mode so that I don't get notified when I receive a text etc.

4) Put on some music! Use earphones. I don't know about you, but this kind of helps me block out the world. And I'd feel ONE with my academic essays, you know? In perfect harmony. Or something.

5) But obviously, if you can't do work while listening to music, then don't do it. Lol...

6) Set targets as to when you think you want to finish each section of the assignment by. However, if your assignment is due the following day, I suggest you don't even waste time setting targets and just dive right in. (Personally, I don't do this even though I know I should. But I just don't.)

7) Have some snacks ready to munch on while doing work! Unless you're fasting or are on a diet. But again, you could opt to consume foods that won't lead you to gain much weight or clog up your arteries and ultimately lead to an infarction or in other words, a heart attack.

8) Like Nike says, JUST DO IT.





Now, all that is left for me to do is follow my own advice and get right on with my marketing campaign analysis assignment now...

No comments:

Post a Comment