Sunday 15 December 2013

More than blessed

I was sitting through my Contemporary Worlds lecture last week and we were talking about how these foreign workers are the people who take on the jobs which, in the eyes of Malaysians, are kind of...degrading? So I was just thinking about it the other day and a thought came to mind.

These people take on jobs such as janitors, rubbish collectors, etc and some people might be thinking, "Why would they take on such jobs?" 

And then there's us. Whether we are 'rich' or'average', most of us are still pretty much complacent with life. But these people, maybe they take on such jobs cause..well, they have nothing to lose in the first place. Earning something is better than not earning anything.

On the other hand, we already have everything we need; and for us, doing such things would just be too much to lose.

I guess all I'm trying to say is, be thankful for what you already have. 



No comments:

Post a Comment